A vibration collar is a training tool that helps in teaching the dog without any pain or shock. It is one of the safest and humane ways to train your dog. However, some people don’t know how to use a vibration collar to train dogs?
The best and effective method to train a dog with vibration is to use it at the lowest level. You can teach the basic dog commands like sit, come and stay by using the vibration collar along with treats.
Here you get the detailed and step-by-step guide about how to use a vibration collar while training dogs, their benefits, and how it works.
What is Vibration Collar?
A vibration collar is a training tool that offers a humane way to train your dog without any pain or shock. It has been used by people who are against using shock electronic collars for their dogs.
A vibration collar emits a vibration or beep sound to get the attention of your dog. It is very effective for training dogs if you use it at a low level, and this method will not harm them in any way.
It is an alternative option for leash corrections, which are ineffective when dealing with sensitive dogs. You can use different levels of vibrations according to how fast or slow you would like your dog to learn new commands. Of course, the intensity varies depending on what kind of breed they are and their temperament too.
How To Use a Vibration Collar to Train Dog? Step by Step Guide
Here you get the step-by-step guide about how to use a vibration collar on your dog.
- First, you have to fit the collar around the dog’s neck with a proper adjustable strap and position. The way it is fitted will help send signals when he barks or tries any other unwanted or bad behavior or activity during training sessions.
- Secondly, you have to adjust the level of vibration as per your and dog need and comfort.
- Thirdly, once you start a training session with the dog, give a command for any activity that he does incorrectly, like jumping, excessive barking, or chewing anything, etc. As soon as he tries to do so, immediately push the remote-control button, automatically triggering the collar.
- After that, give a treat as a positive reinforcement to your dog, which will help make him understand the right thing and encourage him for good behavior.
If you use a vibration collar correctly, it will surely prove to be an effective training tool and you can train your dog within some weeks.
Difference Between Vibration and Shock Collar
Both the collar works on similar lines as they both transmit signals to our dog’s neck area, but the way it is done varies greatly. The main difference can be summarized as follows:
- A vibration collar doesn’t harm your pet by sending electrical shock or any such thing; instead, it uses a vibration signal which is similar to the vibration of the cell phone. So, your dog will easily understand what you want from them, and they can learn it as a new command or trick quite quickly.
In contrast, a shock collar works by using electrical signals. Still, they are not very harmful if used properly without any mistakes in fitting or setting up the intensity of the shock.
- A vibration collar effectively trains your dog for barking or chewing anything while you are away. Still, it cannot be used at nighttime as dogs don’t like sudden vibrations and become restless after getting shocked in the dark. So, this type of collar training isn’t suitable for overnight use when you go out of the station.
On the other hand, the shock collar is an effective tool to teach your dog not to bark while you are home because of its electric shocks. It will surely keep him away from barking or making any kind of noise at night when you are sleeping in the same room with your pet.
How Does Vibration Collar work?
There are small battery-operated devices known as vibration electric collars which emit vibration signals when you push the button on the remote collar. The main work of these devices is to send signals at the right time so that your dog can understand what it should do and what not without any pain or electric shock.
Benefits of Using Vibration Collar
There are lots of benefits which you can get by using a vibration collar on your dog. Some of the main advantages are as follows:
- It is very safe to use without any harm or pain to dogs, even with long-term training sessions. You won’t find it harmful for them until and unless you will misuse it somehow, like pushing the button at the wrong time, setting up intensity wrongly, etc.
- Your pet will learn new basic commands quickly if he uses a vibration collar. They don’t know that their owner wants something from them until he presses the remote control with a vibration signal. So, they always remain alert about what’s going on.
- It is effortless to use, and you can learn it within an hour or two by watching the tutorial videos on YouTube of other pet owners. You can also contact them directly if you get stuck at any point while training your dog with this tool.
- This collar will surely make older dogs more obedient as they are slow learners. Once they catch up on things quickly, then there’s no looking back.
What To Do If Vibration Collar Doesn’t Work?
If you have been using a vibration collar for more than a few months, but still there is no change in your dog’s unwanted behavior so you need to do something. It happened probably because the training intensity that you set up on remote control may be very low, and he can’t feel it properly.
So, before recharging the battery, try to increase its power level, if possible, as per your need. But make sure not to do anything without expert advice because increasing or decreasing intensity might harm him badly. It should always remain moderate so that his skin doesn’t burn due to too much heat caused by electric current passing through them.
Misuse Of Vibration Collar – Things to Remember:
- Like electric shock collars and collars with vibration modes also need lots of care and attention while using it. Otherwise, many dogs have been reported to get skin allergies and other health-related problems because of misuse.
- do not use this collar during any training session without involving a professional trainer who can guide you right from the beginning till the end of your dog’s education with this tool. If you try to train him yourself, then there are chances that he might become aggressive towards its vibrations rather than learning some good habits which his owner wants to teach him.
- So, always ask for advice before buying vibration remote trainings collars online or in the market. Make sure your choice is best among them, having compelling features like adjustable intensity level of static stimulation, etc. Also, it should be lightweight so that you don’t feel any discomfort while holding it in your hand.
- Another thing you should consider is to let your dog wear it only when he is inside the house. Also wear it at someplace where there are very few chances of getting distracted by other dog’s nuisance barking around him. Even if all his attention goes towards vibrations, he will learn nothing good because education must be carried out in a distraction-free environment.
If you follow these points carefully, then there’s no chance of misuse, and your dog can learn all the good things you want him to teach without any harm or pain.
In the end, now you are well aware of how to use a vibration collar to train dog along with the benefits of a vibration collar. Also, we hope you get a detailed answer about how to use a shock and the difference between a shock collar and a vibrating collar. So, now it’s time to train your dog without any electric shock and pain within a short period of time.